The following CDC infection control training courses are part of the new States Targeting Reduction in Infections via Engagement (STRIVE) curriculum intended for the infection prevention team, hospital leaders, clinical educators, nurse and physician managers, environmental services managers, all patient care staff, and patient/family advisors.
These training courses were developed by national infection prevention experts led by the Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
All courses are free and offer continuing education (CE).
The STRIVE curriculum will include over forty individual training modules grouped into 11 courses that focus on Foundational and Targeted infection prevention strategies.
Foundational Infection Prevention Strategies
· Competency-Based Training
· Hand Hygiene
· Strategies for Preventing HAIs
· Environmental Cleaning
· Personal Protective Equipment
· Patient and Family Engagement – WB4226
· Building a Business Case for Infection Prevention – WB4227
Targeted Infection Prevention Strategies
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) – WB4222
- MRSA Bacteremia – WB4228
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infection (CLABSI) – WB4229
- C. difficile Infection (CDI) – WB4230