Duration: Two sessions, 90 minutes per session
Continuing Education: This virtual workshop is eligible for 3 CEs.
Speaker: Amy Franklin, RN, RAC-MT, DNS-MT, QCP-MT
Whether you were in a quality indicator survey or traditional survey state, you will want to participate in this virtual workshop. This training will provide you with the knowledge to thrive, not just survive, in the new survey process. You’ll receive a walk-through of the surveyor side, and then you’ll be ready to prioritize your pre-, during-, and post-survey provider responsibilities. You’ll get information on the CMS-required facility tasks and pathways that will be utilized both offsite and onsite. You will also learn how to prepare your residents and staff so they know what to expect before the surveyors are at your door. And you’ll find out how building your survey readiness toolkit is the key to your success.
- Compare and contrast the difference between Requirements of Participation and State of Operations Manual guidance
- Apply the knowledge from Appendix PP that will be used during day-to-day clinical operations
- Delineate the differences in the CMS pathways – care areas, critical elements, and facility tasks
- Know the survey readiness action steps the DNS should take
- Grasp three main areas that a DNS can control during a survey
- Identify strategies to promote QAA committee awareness and identify committee activities that promote sustainable compliance