Recertification is available to individuals who have already earned their QCP certification. To maintain your QCP certification, you must recertify every four years by:
- Submitting a recertification application
- Completing and maintaining 100 CE hours
- All hours must have been earned within the last four years
- At least 15 hours must be in QAPI or quality improvement areas
- The remaining 85 hours can be for any healthcare-approved CE that meets licensure requirements (for a total of 100 hours)
If you do not meet the recertification requirements within 30 days after the expiration date of your certification, you will no longer be entitled to use the QCP credential. If you choose to recertify after the 30-day grace period, you will be required to retake and pass the QCP certification exam.