QAPI is the key to continuous growth and sustained performance improvement. An effective QAPI program requires full IDT participation and a data driven approach that can be turned into action plans that minimize risk, maximize efficiencies, and improve resident outcomes.
The QAPI Certified Professional (QCP) education and certification program is intended for members of the QAPI/QAA committee and covers all aspects of QAPI from theory to application-based strategies. Learn how to translate data into actionable information and drive performance improvement. QCP provides practical and relevant quality improvement education that nurse leaders can apply in all aspects of QAPI.
QCP Certification Requirements
To earn the QCP certification, candidates must:
- Have the equivalent of two years of full-time healthcare experience, preferably in long-term or post-acute care leadership or quality improvement
- Actively participate in a QAPI program or serve as a member of a QAA committee
- Pass the QCP certification exam with a score of 80% or better
The QCP certification is valid for four years. See the Candidate Handbook below for recertification requirements.
QCP Prep Courses and Workshops
Nationally recognized nurse educators have developed a five-part educational program that will make it easy for you to get ready for the certification exam and will help you become an expert in the process. Courses can be purchased individually or as a bundled package, depending upon your needs. The program will help you:
- Conduct a Root Cause Analysis with simple directions and realistic examples
- Lead an effective and efficient team meeting using a tip sheet to assist with agenda preparation
- Use team decision making techniques that can be applied to many different situations
- Utilize data to drive improvement and prioritize what corrective actions should be taken
- Work through a PIP by following a realistic example