The members of Congress are concerned about knowing what people in their states need and want. Representing constituents is their job, and if they want to be reelected, they need to do their job well. For this reason, representatives and senators want to connect with constituents.
They all have local offices and want people to meet with them personally. They have email addresses and websites to facilitate communications with voters. All opinions are welcome.
You can do the following relatively easily:
- Vote. Have a voice in who represents you.
- Stay Informed. Stay current on political issues. Watch the news, read newspapers and news websites.
- Discuss Politics. Show interest in not just the problems but the solutions.
- Don't Go It Alone. Join with your nurse colleagues who share your point of view.
- Be Heard. Be on a first-name basis with your elected officials.